If you find that your launcher is experiencing errors while attempting to update, download or open Path of Titans, please read through this list of errors and issues:
Launcher refuses to open:
- Ensure that your Windows 10 operating system is updated to the latest version, as our launcher and game do not support older Windows 10 versions. You can do so by following our link here: https://alderongames.com/windows-outdated
- Check that you do not have an antivirus program or firewalls that are blocking the launcher. We would suggest temporarily disabling them while using the launcher. If there is an antivirus/firewall program that is blocking our program, you will need to whitelist our program so it is not blocked.
This particular error is caused by a DNS (Domain Name System) / internet connection issue.
We would suggest restarting your internet or waiting a few hours before trying again. This may also be an issue with an antivirus program interfering with your connection to our servers, so we would recommend temporarily disabling it while you are playing Path of Titans.
EPERM: Operation not permitted Error:
This is a permissions error, this is usually caused when the user runs the launcher as an admin at one point in time, which can cause issues with the file permissions. You will need to close your launcher and follow these instructions:
- Open your file directory, and open (C:\Program Files\Alderon Games)
- Delete the game dir file (Path of Titans-demo)
- Open the launcher as a normal user and try again
This error appears when the connection from your launcher and our login server is interrupted. There are several things you may need to do to resolve this issue.
- Please make sure you do not have an antivirus program that is blocking you from logging into the launcher. We would suggest temporarily disabling it while you attempt to login. If you do have an antivirus program that is blocking our program, you will need to whitelist our program so it is not blocked.
- Make sure you have a stable internet connection when logging into your Alderon Games account in our launcher. If you have a fast internet speed and don't have connection issues playing other video games or streaming services, then this is most likely not the issue.
- Update your Windows 10 operating system to the latest version, as our launcher and game do not support older Windows 10 versions. You can do so by following our link here: https://alderongames.com/windows-outdated
- Delete your launcher cache in the launcher files. We will provide a step by step instruction on how to do so below:
- Open the Alderon Games launcher and click on the wrench icon in the bottom left hand corner. Then click on the "Show in Explorer" button. This will open up your file explorer and show you where your launcher files are located.
- Once open, you will need to left click on your "LauncherCache" file once. Once that file is selected (it will look highlighted in blue), simply press Shift + Delete on your keyboard at the same time and click on the "Yes" button. You can also right click on the file once to open up several options and click on the "delete" button.
- After deleting your launcher cache, restart your launcher and log into your Alderon Games account like you have before. Please make sure to not delete any other files, as this will most likely causes issues with your launcher and result in you needing to completely uninstall the launcher and re-download it.
Launcher infinitely looping/restarting:
This error will require you to completely uninstall the launcher via your add/remove programs on your PC. After uninstalling you will need to restart your computer.
After your computer has completely rebooted, you will need to download the latest launcher installer from our website: https://alderongames.com/
Path of Titans 'Play' button is not working:
This error can be caused by your Windows version being out of date. Please make sure that you meet the requirements for Path of Titans for Windows devices, which is Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. If you are running an earlier version of Windows, such as Windows 7, then Path of Titans will not work on your PC.
Path of Titans crashing on start-up or stuck in loading screen:
This issue can be caused by various issues such as out of date drivers or Windows versions, or your PC being unable to support and run Path of Titans. You can update your Windows version by following our link here: https://alderongames.com/windows-outdated
If you have been active in the Public Test Branch, following these steps may solve your issue:
- Press your Windows Key and type in %appdata%
- Press the 'Enter' key and go to the file location: Appdata > Local > PathOfTitans > Saved
- Delete the 'DatabaseCache' folder and restart your demo and launcher
Path of Titans opens as a black screen:
If running Path of Titans causes you to see a black screen, but will hear audio and music from the game, this may be caused by your Windows or Drivers being out of date. We would recommend ensuring all Drivers are kept fully up to date, as well as your Windows version. You can update your Windows version by following our link here: https://alderongames.com/windows-outdated
'Failed to download content' Error:
This error can be caused by issues with your internet connection, or a program on your computer may be blocking Path of Titans from downloading properly.
- Please ensure that you do not have an antivirus program or firewalls that are blocking you from downloading. We would suggest temporarily disabling them while you attempt to download or update Path of Titans. If you do have an antivirus program that is blocking our program, you will need to whitelist our program so it is not blocked.
- Make sure you have a stable internet connection when attempting to download or update Path of Titans on our launcher. If you have a fast internet speed and don't have connection issues playing other video games or streaming services, then this is most likely not the issue.
'Outdated Windows' error still appearing after updating:
This error is usually caused by having compatibility mode on. With this enabled it attempts to run the program on an older version of Windows, which is most likely a version we do not support, as we don't support old Windows 10 versions.
You will need to:
- Locate your Alderon Games Launcher file via your desktop shortcut or using the Windows 10 search bar, right click the file/shortcut and select the 'Properties' option
- Upon opening the Properties window, open the Compatibility tab and un-check the 'Run this program in compatibility mode for:' box
'Missing Game Files' Error:
This error will require a clean reinstall. To do this you will need to uninstall your launcher, and then delete your app data with the following instructions:
- Press your Windows Key and type in %appdata*
- Press the Enter key
- Delete both Alderon Launcher folders, as shown below:
'Win64-Shipping.exe is corrupted' Error:
This error will require you to open your Launcher Settings, and un-check the 'Prelaunch Game Verification option in the GAME tab. After doing this, you will need to restart the launcher and select the 'Verify Game Files' button at the bottom of the launcher.
If none of these fixes help with your issue, you can contact our support team by submitting a support ticket on our support website.
Article is closed for comments.